The Electronic Battery Feed 31A provides power and off hook detection for a telephone talk circuit suitable for a Model Railroad dispatchers’ line. This is one of the circuits described in the New Operations SIG Book, A Compendium of Model Railroad Operations, Chapter 9.
Operates on 24 volts regulated DC, draws about 100 ma
- Supports at least 4 phones off hook at once, suitable for reading and copying orders on a TT&TO railroad
- Has a double-pole, double throw relay rated at 2A, with screw terminals for control of auxiliary circuits
- has an LED "off hook" indicator
- Has an RJ11 jack and screw terminals for the phone line
- Has a 2.5mm center positive jack and screw terminals for power (supplies available from Jameco, Radio Shack, Amazon)
- Has a line level isolated monitor output on a stereo 3.5 mm audio jack
- Fits the same 2.75" DIN rail that MRCS cpNodes and IOX16/32 expanders use
- Draws 100 mA @ 24V
- Snaps into our DIN Rail track
Click here for the Electronic Battery Feed Brochure
Click here for the Electronic Battery Feed Technical Guide and Assembly Instructions
Click here for the Application Note "The 5 Minute Phone System"
Click here for the Application Note "Hot Line Phone System"