This board provides connectors to extend the MRCS power and phone bus (used by the EBF31A Battery Feed and ATSN Dispatcher/Operator Boards) to as many as 12 stations. Pads are provided for two bucking converters to develop 12VDC for buzzers, LEDs and Relay Latches and 7.5V for a Morse Code Buzzer Controller Board (MCBC).
I’ve been developing a series of circuit boards to perform the various functions needed to build a layout phone system, but I never made a central board to distribute the phone line and auxiliary power. In the past I assumed the user would use either telephone style “66 blocks” or barrier strips to distribute these signals, but that has become a road block for some users, so this board, with its on board screw terminals puts the basic connections in one place.
- Takes power from the 6-conductor modular telephone and +24V power bus (note to phone people: this is positive 24 to keep things simple for non-phone model railroaders)
- Two 6 conductor Jacks are provided for daisy chaining the bus. Connectors are oriented with the locking tab up for easy connection and disconnection.
- Connector pads provide up to 12 connections on 0.100 centers for Tip, Ring, +12 and Ground. (If you are assembling your own board and need less connections, you can use a terminal with fewer positions)
- Optional auxiliary 8 position screw terminal brings all lines on the bus and +7.5V out for easy access
- 2mm JST style socket for 7.5 power to Morse Code Buzzer Controller
- Polarity protection diode protects against use of non-reversing (DCC Bus 6 conductor cable)
- Pads for 2 LM2596 bucking converters: 1 provides 12V for buzzers, LEDs and Relay Latches etc., the other is for 7.5V to power a Morse Code Buzzer Controller. If not using an MCBC, this converter (they are inexpensive commodity items) need not be stuffed or can be used for any other voltage less than 24 or you can substitute a boost converter for any voltage up to 35 VDC.
Technical documentation including EAGLE CAD files and Instructions can be found on my GitHub Page