The Buckeroo provides connectors to distribute up to 12 pairs of positive voltage and ground. Pads are provided for a bucking or boosting converter to develop any voltage from about 3 - 30 volts.
We often need to distribute power and ground for various devices under the layout and various power distribution boards have been offered over the years. This one fits our standard 7CM Tyco track (“Din Rail”) but can also be mounted using #6 screws and standoffs.
- Takes power from either a 2.1 mm barrel jack or a 3.5mm two position screw terminal (I use this to take power from my 12 volt auxiliary bus and break it out for clusters of devices under the layout at whatever DC voltage is required).
- Connector pads provide up to 12 connections on 0.100 centers for +V and -V (Ground.) If you are assembling your own board and need less connections, you can use connectors with fewer positions.
- Pads for an LM2596 bucking (down) converter or an XL6009E boost (up) converter.
- Pads for 0.100 jumpers to be used if no buck or boost is required (distribution from layout aux power bus or from a wall wart of appropriate voltage).
- All components are through-hole technology for ease of assembly and repair.
Output connection pads and converter bypass jumpers are on 0.100” centers. This provides for a wide range of interconnect options and components. Connection options include screw terminal blocks, header pin connectors (male and female), right angle headers, and direct soldered wires.