Upgraded CMRI to RJ45 breakout Board
We’re excited to announce a major upgrade of the RJ45/Molex, RJ45/Screw Terminal Breakout board. This is the latest evolution of the board the John Plocher designed and Jay Beckham and MRCS have been offering for some time. These boards group 8 input or output lines from an SMINI, DIN or DOUT in an 8 pin RJ45 connector. Lines can be distributed on standard connectorized Ethernet cables. New features include:
- Pads for limiting resistors in series with each line. These are normally shorted out so the default behavior is the same as the traditional board, but the jumpers can be cut with a hobby knife or cutoff wheel and ¼ W resistors inserted in series, which simplifies signal installation.
- The board is panelized, 6 up, so the $3.00 price is for 6 boards. (we snap the boards into 2 1x3 panels for shipment of small numbers of panels to save on shipping).
- Choice of 0.100 pads for any 0.100 connector, Molex Pads for traditional CMRI connections and 3.5mm pads for any 3.5mm connector.
You have several options to obtain these boards:
- Buy bare boards from MRCS at [insert new URL]. Intend to keep these boards in stock with next-day shipping when I’m in town so you can order from MRCS’ website at any time and expect 2 or 3 day first class mail delivery.
- Buy assembled boards from MRCS – several configurations available, contact us for custom configurations. May take some time depending parts availability.
- Go to John Plocher’s sp-coast.com website for Gerber files and have your own boards made by any of the usual PC Board houses.