The Integrated Turnout Controller (ITC) is an updated design of the MRCS Remote Stall Motor Controller (RSMC) introduced in 2013.
The ITC is designed to provide all control functions needed for remote, local, and locking of a turnout for various styles of turnout motors. The ITC provides LED outputs with onboard current limiting resistors for route and switch lock status.
The ITC can operate as a standalone turnout controller, with no computer needed. When connected to a computer for remote turnout control and the computer is not running, the ITC comes up in local mode. This allows for turnouts to be thrown manually using the Local input.
The ITC has the following features:
- Standalone or computer turnout motor control
- Local Throw input
- Remote Throw input
- Switch Lock input
- Turnout position feedback output
- Route LED ports, Normal/Reverse (Common Anode, Sinking)
- Open Source sketch software
- Motor power input, 9-12 Vdc
- Onboard 5v regulator for logic power
- Turnout motor driver (TC4428 MOSFET), up to 500 ma drive
- Frog power routing using external switch contacts (Tortoise, Switchmaster™, MP1/MP5)
- 8 position motor pads for a .156" Molex connector, .156" edge connector, or .100" (2.54mm)
- Separate motor pads for connection to additional crossover turnout motors
Design Files can be found on my GitHub Page