- MP1 Version 2 Switch Motor
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 - 29 and get $0.65 off
The MP1 is an extremely compact switch motor measuring 1.5" wide, 1.5" high by .5" deep, making it especially suitable for use on upper decks of multilevel layouts and for modular layouts. While it has about the same outline as the industry-standard stall motor switch machine, the MP1 is less than 1/6 as deep!
The MP1 is powered by either 9-14 VDC or 12-15 VAC. MP1 is NOT a stall motor, but has a common power supply lead and an operate lead for each direction. This makes for an extremely simple basic control installation, consisting of a single SPDT toggle switch.
Operating current while the motor is moving is 150mA (comparable to a servo) so for a computer controlled application an adapter such as our CSNK or our Remote Stall Motor Controller (RSMC) or Intelligent Turnout Controller must be used when operating the MP1 from a single digital output such as provided on a cpNode, IOX, or SMINI. No current is drawn when the motor reaches its limit of travel.
- The stroke can be set in three positions: 3 mm, 6 mm and 9 mm – see the instructions. The cam mechanism provides slow end position stop and lock.
- The MP1 can use either DC or AC power supplies, with a current draw of ~150 mA during motion. The mechanism has a position end limit switch, i. e. the control voltage can be applied permanently, and is disconnected automatically once end position is reached and the motion stops, similar to the PFM/Fulgerex switch machines of days past.
- 1A switch SPDT contact for position indication or frog polarity switching. Version 2 removes the current limiting device (posistor) which led to problems in some power routing applications.
- Linear motion - the actuating rod follows a straight line and keeps a constant height through its travel. The supplied actuator rod is 0.043" x 2" long and will fit through roadbed/subroadbed of about 1.5." You can substitute a longer actuator rod made of 0.047" Music Wire.
There are price breaks at 5 and 50 units (applied at check out)
See Tony Thompson's Modeling the SP blog post
MP1 Wiring and Control Application Note