The cpOD is a low cost, DCC only, current sensing block occupancy detector for model railroads. It is intended to be inserted inline with one block feeder wire and provide a signal indicating a track block has current flowing in it. The Occupied signal is logic low and can be tied to a computer input port or a current limited LED. cpOD comes in two configurations:
cpOD with 3 position screw terminal block
cpOD-M with 5 pin Molex connector for use with an ODMB or ODX4 motherboard
cpOD-M U_install comes with a loose sensing coil, you insert a 4.5" piece of 22 GA through the coil and solder the coil and wire in. We offer this as a low cost alternative at a time of rising labor costs and new tariffs.
Over 2500 sold!
- Small footprint, 2" x 1 1/8" x 1 1/4" high
- May be placed close to the detected track section
- 5 - 12 VDC operation
- Single turn track feeder wire through toroid coil
- Sensitivity adjustment with onboard LED indication
- Vacant block hold timeout
- cpOD-M version is pin compatible with the Dr. Chubb's ODMB and MRCS's ODX4, ODX8 motherboards
- Supports up to 60A of track current
- Draws 5mA @ 5V
- Open drain output sinks up to 115mA @ up to 48V
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) for smaller footprint
This circuit was designed by Mark Schutzer, who retains all rights, cpOD is not available as a bare board and design information has not been published.
We are pleased to offer a 3D printed bracket, intended for cpOD-ST installations where quick removability and harnessing is desired. The bracket was designed by Paul and David Bradt who wrote "Arduino Model Railroad Animation" and other books. A book that highlights this and other 3D printed model railroad items will be out late 2021
Click here for cpOD Product Brochure
Click here for cpOD Installation Instructions