cpNode with onboard Arduino ProMini. The cpNode ProMini replaces cpNode 2.7 for new installations.
cpNodes provide input and output (I/O) ports which connect to LEDs for signals, push buttons, turnout motors, block detectors, and other devices to a central computer for controlling model railroads. cpNodes may also be used as standalone controllers for staging, crossings and interlocking plants.
- 16 I/O lines with solder pads for LED limiting resistors
- Screw terminal blocks, male or female headers or solder pads to connect external devices - see configurations below
- CMRInet RS-422/485 Network Interface. CMRInet is now NMRA Layout Control Specification S9-10
- I2C interface for adding Input/Output Expander (IOX) boards for up to 128 additional i/o ports
- All the i/o needed to control one end of a CTC siding, just add signals, detectors and switch motor drivers
- Female headers to receive an Arduino ProMini (Sparkfun or DF Robot format).
- I/O is configured in 8 bit groups, providing up to 144 lines when fully expanded with IOX16s and/or IOX32s
- You can cpNodes as small, economical, CMRI nodes as is, or customize the code to support applications requiring local intelligence
- Standard "Sketch" (Arduino program) is compatible with JMRI or traditional CMRI BASIC/Visual Basic development tools
- The default configuration (AT) includes a ProMini and has screw terminals installed for the CMRInet and 0.100 screw terminals for the i/o, most users will want this option
- The No Header (NH) option has screw terminals installed for the CMRInet and no i/o connectors so the user can install their 0.100 connectors of choice. Contact us for a quote if you want custom assembly with your favorite connector)
- No Processor option for those who want to supply their own Processor
- Bare board if you want to build it up yourself
If you need a configuration which isn't listed, please contact us and we will be happy to quote you on a custom configuration
cpNode Kernel sketch for cpNode ProMini
CAD files and Bill of Materials for cpNode ProMini